Students may apply for summer research opportunities abroad that are offered by other organizations. Students have received awards through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and conducted research under some of Europe’s leading scientists in Germany. Others have participated in the Summer Internship program for International Students at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, France. And through faculty contacts, students have accessed opportunities in different European cities to spend the summer doing research.
Gain and refine transferrable skills and make valuable networking contacts when you opt for an international internship as part of your Columbia Engineering education. Learn about options, application requirements and deadlines.
Funding For Overseas Study or Research
Visit our website for a list of funding opportunities for overseas study or research.
Where have SEAS students studied abroad?
Where have “CS” “EE” students studied abroad?
What courses were approved?
- Applied Mathematics (PDF)
- Applied Physics (PDF)
- Biomedical Engineering (PDF)
- Chemical Engineering (PDF)
- Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics (PDF)
- Computer Science (no PDF) and Computer Engineering (PDF)
- Earth & Environmental Engineering (PDF)
- Electrical Engineering (PDF)
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (PDF)
- Materials Science (PDF)
- Mechanical Engineering (PDF)